AC 150/1200 telescope:
This refractor provides powerful optics and high resolution for detailed planetary observing. With its 150mm aperture, this achromatic refractor is one of the larger members of this type of telescope. With a focal ratio of f8, most chromatic aberration is already well corrected. Of course as a refractor it provides especially good contrast, which is highly positive for planetary observing. Planet observing in particular depends on being able to see individual details, such as the polar ice caps on Mars or the Great Red Spot on Jupiter. There is nothing standing in the way of a quick trip through the solar system! Many DSOs, such as the Ring Nebula or the distant globular cluster M13 are also easily visible. Collecting 460 times more light, it shows objects that are not even to be guessed at with the naked eye alone. This instrument has a 2" focuser and includes a 1.25" reducing adapter, allowing it to be used with both sizes of eyepiece. Using a 2" eyepiece gives you the widest field of view. So a 2" 40mm eyepiece with a 72° apparent field of view for example, will show you 2.8 degrees of sky. Extended DSOs fit well into this field of view. The 9x50 finder scope is mounted parallel to the telescope OTA and facilitates location of astronomical objects. Astrophotography can also be carried out with this telescope. The Moon, planets, and even most nebulae can be photographed with this system.
The advantages in a nutshell:
- powerful refractor
- adjustable objective lens cell
- high-contrast image and reduced chromatic aberration
- 2 inch focuser
- well suited to astrophotography
- prism rail for quick mounting
The EQ-6 Pro SynScan GoTo mount:
This is the largest and most capable mount made by Sky-Watcher. It has been specially developed to be able to support heavy telescope OTAs of up to 18Kg, stably and vibration-free. This is the optimal requirement for successful astrophotography, which depends on very precise movement of the mount when tracking. It comes in a white design, and already has GoTo control built-in. Virtually no other mount offers better value for money than the EQ-6, making it highly popular among amateur astronomers. Even at the high GoTo speed, the powerful stepper motors on the right ascension and declination axes slew the telescope very quietly, so that your neighbours' sleep will not be disturbed in any way. Quick and effortless alignment with the North Pole for astrophotography is by means of a backlit polar finder.
Mount and control features:
- GoTo control with clearly laid-out hand box (operable even wearing gloves)
- red line display (dimmable) and red backlit buttons
- 1, 2 or 3 star alignment available
- about 13,700 pre-programmed astronomical objects available
- 25 user objects can be set and setting coordinates directly is possible
- speed 3.4° / second
- tracking modes: sidereal, lunar, solar and sidereal with PEC
- recalibration of the object possible
- update-capable from the Internet
- control via PC possible (RS232)
- autoguiding via interface
- periodic error correction (for astrophotography)
- polar finder can be illuminated and is adjustable via scales or constellation illustration
- GPS function via optional add-on possible
- consumption and temperature display
- Version 3
- can carry up to 18Kg (for visual observing, even more)
- Included with the mount:
- EQ-6 Pro SynScan mount with GoTo control
- sturdy steel tripod (height adjustment from 85cm to 147cm)
- extra brace with eyepiece tray
It is not only important which telescope you buy, but also where you buy it.
We provide extra help:
- We are a leading telescope dealer and know these instruments like the back of our hands.
- We are always very happy to offer our assistance after your purchase, should you encounter any problems with your telescope’s setup or operation.
- Our ‘Telescope Basics’ booklet - an 80-page beginner's guide for our telescopes – is provided free of charge with every telescope we sell.