Digital Schmidt camera for wide angle astrophotography!
This astrograph makes it very easy to create stunning photos with a modern DSLR or astronomical CCD camera. The new optical design has a four-lens corrector, incorporating rare earth glass, which suppresses chromatic aberrations and other problems such as coma and field curvature. Never before has an astrograph in this price range delivered such optical quality and spot size over the entire image field. The design also allows for a very low vignetting.
- super-fast 11" f2.2 optics - sharply images APS format and is even optimized for sensor sizes up to a 70mm field diagonal.
- extremely short exposure times - the RASA Astrograph acquires images twenty times faster than at f10! Thirty seconds at f2.2 correspond to ten minutes at f10 - tracking control is hence superfluous!
- huge field of view - with a 620mm focal length, makes wide-angle shots a piece of cake and you and always have an overview
- excellent focusing mechanism - new bronze bearings reduce image shift, the 10:1 FeatherTouch micro-focuser allows highly precise focusing!
- innovative Features - quieter 12V MagLev fan reduces the cooling phase, keeps out dust and allows optimum air circulation in the OTA. Various adapters for popular camera brands are included. Back focus for the camera supplied adapters: 55mm, back focus for the front lens group: 69.26mm
RASA stands for Rowe-Ackermann-Schmidt Astrograph - Dave Rowe and Mark Ackermann are renowned optical instrument designers. Together, they hold numerous patents on their inventions. The RASA astrograph combines their expertise and experience.
Note: The RASA 800 doesn't work with regular DSLR cameras (because of a short backfocus). It is recommended to use the RASA 800 with mirrorless cameras or small dedicated CCD or CMOS astronomical cameras.
All new Celestron mount AVX
The new Advanced VX mount was specifically designed to provide optimum imaging performance for smaller telescopes. Now your smaller telescope can take advantage of All-Star Polar Alignment and autoguider support. You'll be able to track through long exposures using permanently programmable periodic error correction. Image across the meridian without doing a meridian flip, so you can seamlessly image the best part of night sky. The AVX features significantly larger base castings than our previous design, improving stability under heavier loads. Improved motors offer more torque and can handle slight load imbalances with ease.