Skywatcher N 200/1000 telescope:
With a 200mm aperture, this telescope opens up new details in deep sky observing for the observer as compared to smaller telescopes. With 78% more light gathering ability compared to a 150mm telescope, even the delicate spiral arms of many galaxies and additional structures in other nebulae can be observed. Globular clusters, such as the famous M13 cluster in Hercules, can be resolved at their edges to a large degree. The parabolic primary mirror is diffraction limited, allowing sharp images of the object. The very high-contrast optics are optimised by the use of a small secondary mirror and thin secondary mirror spider vanes, allowing sharp and bright planetary observing even at higher magnification. The OTA has a solid 2-inch Crayford focuser for a low image shift focusing - of particular importance at high magnifications and for astrophotography. The use of 2 inch eyepieces allows the maximum possible field of view to be exploited. The telescope has an f5 aperture ratio, putting it in the class of 'fast' Newtonian telescopes, so this telescope is particularly well suited to astrophotography. The 9x50 finder scope is highly useful as you can already see objects due to the large aperture that are not even visible to the naked eye. The OTA is also visually a real gem, featuring an elegant design for the both OTA and finder scope in an aesthetically pleasing shimmering black.
The advantages in a nutshell:
- relatively high light gathering power thanks to 200mm aperture
- resistant to the effects of vibration and wind
- diffraction limited parabolic primary mirror
- high-contrast image due to thin secondary mirror spider vanes and small secondary mirror
- well suited to astrophotography due to the 'fast' optics
The PDS version of the Explorer comes with a dual speed focuser. This has a 1:10 reduction ratio for sensitive focusing which is most important for astrophotography, but is also very useful for visual observing. The tube length has been slightly shortened compared to the Explorer P version and the secondary mirror has consequently been enlarged in order to further optimize the system for astrophotography.
Included in delivery:
- OTA with 200mm aperture and 1000mm focal length
- 2 inches Crayford focuser with 1:10 fine adjustment
- 2", 28mm eyepiece
- 9x50 finder scope
- prism rail for quick mounting of OTA
- OTA weight (with tube ring clamps) 8.8 kg
- OTA outer diameter approx. 235mm
The NEQ-5 Pro GoTo mount:
This mount is a further development of the EQ-5 Pro in a white design. It provides a solid platform for most medium-sized telescopes and is excellent for exploring the night sky. The polar elevation at the observing site can be set using the fine scale provided and adjusted perfectly by using two screws. A polar finder can be retrofitted. Fully equipped with motors in both axes and a SynScan hand control box to give you a complete GoTo mount: the NEQ-5 is suitable not only for visual observing, but also for getting started in astrophotography. With a little practice, you will soon be able to produce successful images of galaxies and nebulae.
Included in delivery:
- NEQ-5 Pro GoTo mount
- SynScan hand control box
- pole finder
- suitable counterweights
- tubular steel tripod
- extra brace with eyepiece tray
It is not only important which telescope you buy, but also where you buy it.
We provide extra help:
- We are a leading telescope dealer and know these instruments like the back of our hands.
- We are always very happy to offer our assistance after your purchase, should you encounter any problems with your telescope’s setup or operation.
- Our ‘Telescope Basics’ booklet - an 80-page beginner's guide for our telescopes – is provided free of charge with every telescope we sell.