Evolution -the next step in portable telescopes!
- built-in WLAN module - instead of using the hand controller, you can also wirelessly control the NexStar Evolution with your iOS or Android SmartPhone or with a tablet. Use the free Celestron SkyPortal app,which includes planetarium software and SkyAlign! Of course you can also use the classical NexStar hand control with the telescopes too.
- lithium-ion battery - forget cable clutter or having to use expensive 'Power Tanks'! The built-in (and replaceable) battery can power the telescope for one night (ten hours) and even allows you to recharge your smartphone via USB port. The enclosed power pack included lets you recharge the built-in battery.
- even more ergonomic - Celestron's innovative product design, first introduced with CPC telescopes, can now also be found in NexStar telescopes. These include not only a more powerful drive, but also many small touches that make observing more comfortable - a very stable tripod whose accessory tray does not need to be removed before folding it up. The flat surface of the mount also serves as a place for keeping your eyepieces handy and has been provided with rubber armouring. A very discreet red light helps you locates your accessories more easily in the dark. A handle located on the fork arm and a handhold on the fork base makes the mount very easy to handle.
The EdgeHD optical system combines all of the compact power popularized by the SCT with an improved high definition optical system for wide field, astrograph quality images. As a visual instrument, EdgeHD optics deliver pinpoint images even with your widest field eyepiece. You can search for all of the Messier Catalog objects, and see hundreds of other NGC, IC and Caldwell objects with amazing clarity. For astro imaging, EdgeHD optics produce aberration-free images across your favorite CCD or DSLR camera. All EdgeHD optics are designed to produce an extremely flat focal plane precise enough to match the strict tolerances of the largest commercial CCD detectors, allowing stars to be in tight focus to the very edge of the chip.
StarSense AutoAlign: The most exciting new development for many years - this technique has revolutionized amateur astronomy!
'SkyProdigy' technology for retrofitting to almost any Celestron GoTo telescope! For alt-azimuth mounted telescopes it allows alignment without GPS, without having to enter coordinates, without having to align with the North Pole and to level, and without the hassle of having to use alignment stars. The telescope is ready to use in just three minutes - without the user needing to input anything, and without any prior knowledge of stars or astronomy required. Just turn it on, wait 3 minutes and you can slew to any visible celestial object at the push of a button!
The secret of the StarSense technology is a small camera module which is mounted on the telescope and functions as a finder. It takes 3 wide angle photos of different areas of the sky and the StarSense hand controller then analyzes these photos and calculates the position of other objects in the night sky. This so-called professional 'plate solving' technology has been brought onto the market by Celestron and made available to amateur astronomers at an affordable price for the first time.
The StarSense module is part of the StarSense hand controller, both of which are included in the price.
The StarSense module can be used with almost all GoTo alt-azimuth and equatorial mounts from the last 10 years. The StarSense module has a lot of advantages when used with equatorial mounts. Although polar alignment is still required, this can be carried out in just a few minutes using the new Celestron 'AllStar' procedure, which can use any star! Simply enter location and time, select and find a star from the database, bring it into the centre of the crosshairs, using the azimuth and elevation adjustments, and you have finished! StarSense then employs its fully automatic '3-minute plate solving procedure' for establishing the precise orientation, without any additional input from the user required, as for alt-azimuth mounts. The complicated, tedious finding and centering of guide stars is no longer required. Another advantage of StarSense is an extreme improvement in the positioning accuracy by the T-point procedure.
In a similar way to some high-end mounts, many stars can be 'mapped', i.e. positioned exactly in the center of the crosshairs and the exact location confirmed with 'Enter'. Using 10 mapped stars (which should be distributed as widely as possible over the entire visible part of the sky), positioning accuracy is extremely good.
It is not only important which telescope you buy, but also where you buy it.
We provide extra help:
- We are a leading telescope dealer and know these instruments like the back of our hands.
- We are always very happy to offer our assistance after your purchase, should you encounter any problems with your telescope’s setup or operation.
- Our ‘Telescope Basics’ booklet - an 80-page beginner's guide for our telescopes – is provided free of charge with every telescope we sell.